For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever beleiveth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Purchasing milk with "on your next order" coupons at Shopper's Food Warehouse

I stopped at Shopper's Food Warehouse to purchase milk and exchange some Powerade Zero that I had purchased free with coupons for regular Powerade. Milk is one of the items on my "Budget Busters" list. In other words, milk is one of the items I always keep in the refrigerator that I cannot get free with coupons. I try to think of creative ways to buy milk without spending cash money. In this transaction, I "spent" a total of $3.69 for the milk, but by using 2 coupons I earned for $1.50 off your next order, I was able to keep my cash out of pocket expense for the milk at only $.69.

I realized that the Powerade was on sale for $.79. So I headed to my car to get my $.75 off 2 Powerade coupons. Shopper's doubles coupons up to $.99, so my cost for the Powerade would be only $.04 each. I found the $.75 off 2 Powerade coupons on a tearpad on the refregerated case at CVS. I was planning to use the $.75 off coupons to purchase the Powerade at Giant. Giant's price is currently $.88, and Giant also doubles coupons up to $.99, so the Powerade at Giant after the coupons are subtracted would only be $.13 each. But Shopper's beat Giant's price by $.09!

shopper's food warehouse

1 gallon 2% milk $3.69
total = $3.69

spent 2 $1.50 off your next order coupons (uncle ben's rice) and $.69 cash
cost = $3.69

No comments:

Post a Comment